Warning: Undefined array key "file" in /webroot/g/e/gensburg059/misterwriter.com/www/wp-includes/media.php on line 1680
“A series of murders in Corpus Christi leaves residents uneasy. All the victims were shot in the back of the head. But when a prominent financial genius is also found murdered, and not in the same way, celebrity detective Mackenzie ‘Maxie’ Michaels and her partner Kobe Jameson, must race to find the person responsible before more murders occur. As they uncover clues, the mystery deepens, dragging in powerful people, and threatening to erupt in a full-on war.”
TEXAS DEAD BOOK SELL SHEET
PRESS RELEASE FOR TEXAS DEAD
PRAISE FROM READERS AND REVIEWERS
• Review from B. Creech, The Online Book Club
“Texas Dead by Willian Gensburger is an epic crime novel filled with suspense and murder and a tender, unexpected love story. Gensburger did an excellent job of developing the characters in this story…. What I liked most about this book was Maxie’s character. The violent aspect of the story was not overdone. Typically, I am offended by all three; however, the few situations present in this book did not bother me. I recommend this book to adult readers who enjoy a good crime novel with some romance thrown in.”
• Review from Julio Carlos, Scribble’s Worth Book Reviews
“Gensburger does give attention to each and every character in the novel. He takes his time with the mystery and showing off what is happening, and makes our waiting worth the while.”
• Review from Dan Ashley, News Anchor, ABC-7, San Francisco Bay Area, CA.
“Looking for a great summer read? Check out William Gensburger‘s new book, “Texas Dead”. It’s very clever and engaging.”
• Review from Jill Hedgecock, The Diablo Gazette Newspaper, Concord, CA.
“A fabulous page-turner. Fans of Marcia Miller’s ‘Sharon McCone’ series, and readers who enjoy Ray Bradbury’s style of writing, will most likely enjoy this book.” Read the review in the newspaper HERE
• Review from Thomas Anderson, Editor-in-chief, Literary Titan
“Not your average gritty murder mystery—plenty of humor injected into the story to make this hard-boiled mystery feel light and fun as well as deeply intriguing. I can not hold back from appreciating the author’s talent in conveying a traumatic experience like paralysis in a motivational…way. Vivid scenes and backdrops…really bring the story to life. “A variety of interesting characters…kept me curious and captivated the whole time. This is a thrilling crime fiction novel with brave-hearted characters, intelligent decisions, and shocking revelations.”
• Review from bestselling author J.C. Ryan, author of the ‘Rex Dalton’ thriller series.
“Mystery & Crime lovers, I suggest you don’t miss this one. I got hooked within the first few pages. There are more twists and turns than in a corkscrew right to the end.”
• Review from Alex Lewczuk, Siren Radio (U.K.)
“It’s so cinematic…crying out for that screenplay.”
• Review: from Grady Harp, Amazon Top 100 Reviewer
Coupling a murder mystery tale with a fine dollop of humor makes Gensburger’s book ring! From the very beginning, as we meet the titular character of the series, detective Mackenzie Michaels, the light aspect of his writing is shared: ‘The pretty detective was late, not that it mattered – the corpse, which had been face down in the alley for quite some time, wasn’t going any where. Although she had known since seven in the morning, despite the break in the rain and an abundance of cabs, she arrived after the last reporter on the scene. This annoyed her more than anything else; her car was in the shop – new brakes – leaving her no way to get here. Maxie preferred to be at crime scenes before the reporters arrived. It gave the image of professionalism; she was a firm believer in professionalism. It also allowed her a chance to examine the scene free of distractions, even before the medical examiner. Clues were to be found everywhere. From the position of the body, items around, skin mottling, as well as the attire of the victim, all were clues that could be useful in her first look…’
The story is fast paced and well condensed by the author.
In addition to the fine character portrayal of Mackenzie, her partner, Kobe Jameson, a Jamaican man, is equally well painted, and the interaction of the two detectives makes for an excellent combination in exploring murder – and making the story humorous. This is a fine initial volume for a series that holds great promise.”
TEXAS DEAD PUBLICITY AND MEDIA COVERAGE
• Siren Radio Interview with Alez Lewczuk 7/16/21 CLICK TO LISTEN
• UNCAGED MAGAZINE PRINT INTERVIEW (July 2021. P.70) CLICK HERE TO READ IT
• The Douglas Coleman Show–Video Interview. CLICK HERE TO WATCH IT.
•Schmidt Talk with Savvy Schmidt, Audio podcast across national radio stations CLICK HERE TO LISTEN
• Alive After Reading with Tim Niederriter, Audio Podcast. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN.
• MindDog TV–Video Interview w Matt Nappo. CLICK HERE TO WATCH IT.
• She Blurbs—Video Podcast with Brook Wright CLICK HERE TO WATCH IT
• Anthony Avina Reviews–Book Review. CLICK HERE TO READ IT.
• Reader’s Entertainment Magazine–write-up. CLICK HERE TO READ IT
• Author J.M. Northrup Blog–blog write-up. CLICK HERE TO READ IT
• Pens, Paints & Paper—blog write-up. CLICK HERE TO READ IT
• Grady Harp—Top 100 Amazon Reviewer: CLICK HERE TO READ IT
• Magic of Stories—Karen Mossman article: CLICK HERE TO READ IT
• Rose Nickol Romance Blog–Write-up. CLICK HERE TO READ IT.
BUY LINKS FOR WILLIAM GENSBURGER’S ‘TEXAS DEAD’
• Kindle: https://amzn.to/3gCZshQ
PRAISE FROM READERS
“With his ability to transform the commonplace into the extraordinary, Gensburger delivers a sophisticated collection that will stay with the reader for long.” ~The Prairies Book Review
“William’s short stories are spectacular. The writing is excellent and the stories move at just the right pace. The characters are weird and wonderful. It was a pleasure to read and I enjoyed this book very much.” ~ Allison Rose
“His characters have the offbeat charm like those of Neil Gaiman … I highly recommend this book!” ~ Christopher Huckabay
“I felt this author is creative and very extraordinary and, in my view, as more people read his work his fans will grow. Very well done and I give this book five stars plus and highly recommend it!” ~ Bruce Miller
BUY LINKS FOR DISTANT RUMORS
CONTACT: William Gensburger is available for interviews and media appearances.
Email: William at MisterWriter.com or leave a message at (361) 208-2344